By consulting, training & coaching the automotive crash repair and general insurance industry
Bodyshop Standards and Compliance
We support development, implementation and embedding of motor vehicle manufacturer and Industry repair standards. Our online program management systems simplify communication, resource accessibility, program tracking and bodyshop KPIs.
Compliance with customer service, estimating, production management, business systems and process, parts management, waste management, tools, equipment and technical competency. Our services are not tick box exercises.
Our structured approach for individual operators and networks maintains a focus on key business objectives, including
- Repair standards
- Revenue drivers
- Duty of Care
- Network strategy
- Customer service, satisfaction, and retention
- Repair quality and cost
- Repair methods and vehicle safety
- Technical competency & workflow management.
- Brand recognition
Repair Network Development
Physical assessment and audit of bodyshops and associated service providers against specific business requirements and standards required to identify quality and competency.
We shortlist potential partners and provide a clear set of recommendations for the client to consider and confirm next steps in the development and establishment process.
Typical factors taken into consideration include.
- Technical competency
- Tool, equipment and workshop set up.
- Willingness to collaborate and partner
- Business principles and culture.
Supporting development of the competencies, skills and qualities required to manage a team in a complex production environment to deliver specific business objectives and outcomes.
Through online and onsite support, we provide individuals and teams with advice and guidance required to realise their potential, understand key drivers and levers required to influence a team, service providers and dependencies.
Our comprehensive suite of resource and online systems focuses on;
- Business vision and mission
- Organisational structure
- Roles and responsibilities
- Business systems
- Standard Operating Procedures
Estimating & Production Management
Onsite training and business coaching on estimating and bodyshop management systems. We enable the business to repair more cars faster and improve profitability.
From an initial operational assessment, production management and repair costing principles are applied in conjunction with business software systems.
A bespoke coaching and training program can include if necessary, us assuming control of the production planning process to develop, implement and embed Standard Operating Procedures.
- Interpretation and application of manufacturer repair methods
- Vehicle Damage Assessment (VDA) to identify metal types & structural damage.
- Repair plan and costing
- Preparing for insurance assessment
Production Management includes:
- Repair method alignment to repair and refinish tasks.
- Plan repair and refinish tasks consecutively to minimise gaps during the repair cycle.
- Technician instruction and supervision
- Work in progress (WIP) tracking
- Quality Control
- Technician performance measures (KPI)
Technical Training & Coaching
To minimise impact on the business service and revenue, a broad range of technical training is available in the live business environment. All training programs are based on an initial skills assessment and developed bespoke to suit business requirements.
Certificate courses can include but are not limited too;
- Modern repair techniques used on the crash repair industry
- Efficient techniques to remove and refit welded panels
- Set up and use of body alignment and measuring systems
- Bonding and riveting
- Vehicle damage assessment
- Production management.
Workshop Design and Planning
Workshop and facility plans are developed to meet specific business requirements. CAD plans focus on available space, capacity and capability to maximize workflow & efficiency.
Planning is completed in conjunction with business stakeholders, operational managers, service providers and equipment suppliers.
- CAD workshop layout and design
- Aluminium and electric vehicle isolation and quarantine areas
- Equipment placement and technical specifications
- Workbay set up, tool, equipment and technician allocation
- 5S layout and allocation
Tool and Equipment Solutions and Procurement
Direct supply agreements with major equipment manufacturers enable broad choice options and significant discounts for the business.
Our agreements enable specialised installation, commissioning, training and service and agreements to support start up and ongoing maintenance.
In conjunction with workshop planning we provide a comprehensive workshop start up and development plan.
Equipment solutions can include but are not limited too;
- Bodyshop alignment and measuring systems
- Lifts and quick pull systems
- Workbay furniture
- Spraybooth, prep bay, mixing room and infrared systems
- Gunwash and recycling systems
- Aluminium cabin and workbay
- Aluminium special tools & equipment
- General hand tools
- Welding and riveting
Repair Data and Performance Analysis
Job data provided by the business or collected directly from a BMS is stored in accordance with GDRP requirements. Monthly KPI reports are provided to the business via email and secure dashboard.
Where required and permitted, network performance data is run in conjunction with manufacturer parc and mapping data to provide specific brand reports to support customer retention and revenue strategies.
Written Off Vehicle Register
Appointed as the exclusive service provider to develop and deliver the national WOVR framework to the general insurance, body repair, dismantler and disposal Industries, vehicle inspection authorities, and policy enforcement agencies.
We deliver relevant jurisdiction approved training.
- Damage Assessment Criteria for the classification of Statutory Write Off’s – Passenger Light Commercial Vehicles
- Damage Assessment Criteria for the classification of Statutory Write Off’s – Heavy Vehicles